Earlier this fall, we put out the call for applications for our ELN co-chair positions and the response was incredible – thank you to all those who expressed interest and made the decision-making process so difficult!
On behalf of our outgoing ELN Co-Chairs and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation team, we’re thrilled to announce our incoming 2018-19 ELN Co-Chairs (effective January 2018):
- Jesse Darling, Senior Projects Designer, Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship
- Mrinalini Menon, 2015-2016 DiverseCity Fellow; Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Architecture, RBC
- Mark Sam, 2014-2015 DiverseCity Fellow; Senior Manager, Accenture
As 2018-19 Co-Chairs, these civic rock stars bring a unique combination of skills, expertise, and perspectives and, building on the work of our current team, will continue to grow and strengthen the impact of the network throughout 2018/19. They’ll also represent the views of rising leaders on various committees (including the CivicAction Board of Directors).
Please join us in congratulating Jesse, Mrinalini and Mark on their new roles and stay tuned in the months ahead for more details on their plans for the network!
Teamwork makes the dream work…
..and we have big dreams about what this network can achieve! We are looking for a group of six to eight enterprising individuals to work with our new Co-Chairs over the next two years as part of their Executive Committee and turn these dreams into reality. The application period for the new committee has now closed, and we are excited to learn more about all who applied.
With roles focused on events and programming, and communications, the new executive committee will take on new leadership opportunities, grow their cross-sectoral networks, and have some cool experiences in the process.
Who should apply? The ELN is looking for Individuals who are:
- Currently living and working in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area (GTHA)
- Passionate about improving the GTHA
- Interested in personal leadership development
- Excited about implementing great programming
- Collaborative team players
- Able to commit to ~10-15 hours/month in volunteer activities
- Willing to take on a two-year long commitment (January 2018-December 2019)