Do you love your city and want to be a part of making it even better?
Apply now to be an Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) Co-Chair where you’ll lead the ELN Executive Committee to grow and strengthen the impact of the ELN.
The ELN is a program run by CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation to build the leadership capacity and harness the collective power of over 2,000 rising leaders representing a diversity of worldviews, sectors, identities, and experiences from across the region by hosting capacity building events, conversations about pressing urban issues, and connections to high-profile civic leaders.
We’re looking for up to three enterprising, collaborative leaders to serve as ELN Executive Committee Co-Chairs for a two-year volunteer term starting in September 2019. If interested, please fill out an application by 5:00 p.m. on June 24th, 2019.
Completion of the application requires a recommendation from a reference. Download the recommendation form.
Key ELN Co-Chair Responsibilities:
- Strategy Development: Lead the development and implementation of ELN’s strategic agenda and work plan by the Executive Team.
- Coaching & Support: Provide ongoing coaching and leadership development support to the ELN executive committee (a dynamo group of volunteers that you’ll help recruit).
- ELN Ambassador: Represent the ELN network as an ex-officio member of the CivicAction & CivicAction Leadership Foundation Boards of Directors during the duration of your two-year term.
Ask the ELN Co-Chairs
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Toota Hassanien or tune into our “Ask Me Anything” sessions:
- Instagram Ask Me Anything with ELN Co-Chair Mark Sam, Friday, June 14 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Submit your question on @CivicActionGTHA’s Instagram Story or through a DM and Mark will respond on Instagram.
- Twitter Ask Me Anything with ELN Co-Chair Mrinalini Menon, Thursday, June 20, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tweet your questions with the hashtag #AskELNExec.
What’s in it for you?
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lead a highly talented, passionate, and diverse team of ELN Executive Committee members and expand the ELN’s mission of accelerating the leadership trajectory of diverse rising leaders.
- Leadership development opportunities and support from CivicAction, a high profile organization that has a proven track record of driving action and an extensive network of civic leaders.
- An all-access pass to exclusive CivicAction events, influencers and leaders –including a term on both the CivicAction and CivicAction Leadership Foundation Board of Directors.
- Heightened profile as a influential civic leader in the GTHA through CivicAction’s promotional efforts and social media channels.
Interested in applying for other ELN executive positions?
The ELN Executive committee is made up of 2-3 Co-Chairs and a team of approximately 7 additional executive members. Applications for the executive member roles will open in Fall 2019—subscribe to the ELN newsletter to be alerted when applications open.
About the ELN:
The ELN accelerates the leadership journey and amplifies the impact of rising leaders across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) by providing unparalleled capacity and leadership development workshops and events as well as access to pressing city-building conversations, high-profile civic leaders, and spaces. The strength of the ELN is in the diversity of the network, with over 2,000 rising leaders who represent the multi-faceted diversity across the GTHA.
Not a member of the ELN yet? Sign up to be an ELN member!
About the CivicAction Leadership Foundation:
The ELN is run by the CivicAction Leadership Foundation, which provides high impact leadership programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented populations in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area (GTHA). The CivicAction Leadership Foundation is the premier destination for diverse rising civic leaders who want to develop their networks, grow their minds, transform their communities and change the face of leadership throughout the region.
CivicAction plays the role of “neutral sandbox” for the GTHA, where emerging and senior leaders from all sectors and stripes come together to tackle our region’s most pressing urban issues. As the premier civic engagement organization in Canada, CivicAction has nearly two decades of experience creating and implementing effective solutions to the GTHA’s these challenges.
Over the next four years, CivicAction will be convening emerging and senior leaders from across the region to collaborate on the urban challenges of the Future of Work: Life in the Skills Lane, Inclusion: Unlocking Inclusive Cities, Sex Trafficking: Human, Not Capital, Housing: Reframing Where and How We Live, and Natural Disaster and Extreme Weather: ResilienCity.