Position Length: Two (2) years, full time contract, with option to extend
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Manager, Communications & Marketing
- Design & Digital Lead
- Communications Intern
Salary Range: Based on $90,000 to $110,000 annually, 4 weeks annual paid vacation and employee benefits
- CivicAction’s work is a hybrid workplace that combines both in-office and remote work. CivicAction’s physical offices are in downtown Toronto and technology will be provided to support both in-office and remote work.
- This position may involve some evening and weekend work. Time in lieu is tracked/granted for work undertaken in the evenings and on weekends with prior approval from the position manager.
Start Date: May/June 2022
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong leadership skills coupled with a curiosity for learning and growing.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, government relations and public affairs activities .
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to create influential messaging and effectively communications including writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and hiring, training, and developing, a small team of professionals.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Ability to optimize Salesforce, Adobe Design Suite, Microsoft Office and/or Asana.
- At least six (6) to eight (8) years of professional experience, including leading the communications, marketing, social media, and public relations activities. Experience in a high-impact not-for-profit or association sector experience an asset but not required.
- Career background or lived experience in journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field.
- Understanding and awareness of the practical application of equity, diversity, and inclusion principles.
- Displays high standards of professional behavior and ethical standards.
The Senior Director, Communications and Marketing reports to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Management Team. The Senior Director, Communications and Marketing has accountability for four key portfolios for both CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation (CLF):
- Strategic Communications
- Multi-channel Communications including Media and Public Relations
- Marketing and Brand Management
- Government Relations and Public Affairs
The Director, Communications and Marketing is accountable for growing all aspects of communications including the reach and clarity of the CivicAction mission and its programs and change initiatives. In addition, to these day-to-day responsibilities, the role has key deliverables including:
- Successful launch of BoardShift: a board training and matching initiative for Indigenous, Black, and racialized rising leaders
- Communications and marketing of Summit 2023 and CivicAction’s 20th anniversary celebrations to affirm CivicAction’s relevance and influence
- Public and Government Relations strategies and opportunities including specific outreach for the CEO and Board Chairs
- Succession coaching and mentoring for the Manager, Communications and Marketing
The role calls for the identification of proactive communications and marketing opportunities for growing corporate and government partnerships. The role includes the transformation of internal and external communications and engagement through multi-channel digital technologies for all CivicAction leadership programs and all collaborative initiatives focused on regional economic recovery. The role calls for competencies in team building, collaborative approach to advancing action and a creative growth mindset.
Communications & Marketing
- Provide clear and strategic direction on the communications and programmatic rollout-based on the current communications and marketing plans and engagement strategies.
- Provide strategic advice to Executive Management, the CEO and Chairs of the Boards on issues management and brand reputation.
- Use communications and marketing analytics to inform strategic decisions on communications approaches and tactics.
- Establish key performance indicators to track progress on communications and marketing’s internal and external impact, including the preparation and delivery of the organization’s annual report.
- Responsible for brand articulation, reputation, and awareness including the case for support, needed for fundraising and partner/donor stewardship.
- Develop and execute (with the team) a broad range of communications and marketing activities aimed at growing our brand and fostering connections with external stakeholders including media and partners.
- Lead the Communications and Marketing team to deliver effective collateral materials for thought leadership, media releases, backgrounders, newsletters, correspondence, remarks, marketing collateral, etc.
- Work to secure and manage media, promotional, and creative partnerships including editorial coverage in local and national media outlets.
- Identify strategic stakeholder relationships to deliver our work and impact most effectively including close partnerships with members of the media.
- Identify trends, monitor current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities for CivicAction to engage in and/or lead the conversation on inclusive economy.
- As a member of the Executive Management Team bring a strategic lens to advance enterprise-wide priorities, operational planning, talent management, and financial accountabilities.
- Responsible for coaching and supporting direct reports.
- Work cross-functionally with the:
- Activation team to ensure smooth lift-offs and handovers.
- Partnerships and Development team to develop appropriate tools/materials for reaching the donors, partners, and sponsors
- Prepare and present strategic communications and marketing options and analysis for Board feedback and direction.
- Procure and manage external suppliers as it relates to communications and marketing needs.
- Represent CivicAction publicly on occasion.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 30, 2022 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Senior Director, Communications & Marketing” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Commitment to Inclusive Workplaces & Inclusive Recruitment:
CivicAction is committed to equity and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applicants of all gender identities and sexual orientations, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, and life experiences to apply. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
An Important Note:
Research shows that women and racialized candidates often only apply to positions when they feel 100% qualified. If you’re interested in this role but don’t see yourself fully reflected in the requirements of the posting, we still encourage you to apply or reach out to learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.