Position Length: Permanent
Reports to: Director – Activation
Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000 with health benefits and 3 weeks paid vacation.
- While most of CivicAction’s work occurs remotely at present, we are working towards implementation of a hybrid workplace that combines both in-office and remote work. CivicAction’s physical offices are in downtown Toronto and technology will be provided to support both in-office and remote work.
- This position will involve some evening and weekend work. Time in lieu is granted for evening/weekend work with prior approval from the position manager.
Start Date: July 2022
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong relationship skills to authentically connect with and maintain strong relationships with volunteers, participants, and stakeholders
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion includinganti-oppression approaches to programming
- Strong program design and project management skills including ability to plan and deliver relevant, inclusive, and innovative programming and events for diverse audiences Strong communications skills including ability to facilitate conversations and experiences, ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats, and ability to present messages in unique, creative, and inclusive ways
- Commitment to continuous learning including a strong sense of curiosity, willingness to take on new tasks, and the ability to pivot course when needed
- Three or more years of relevant work or volunteer experience is an asset, particularly in the areas of event planning, volunteer management, and/or diversity & inclusion.
- Interest and/or familiarity with civic/community issues in the GTHA is an asset.
In this role, you will work in partnership with the Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) executive team to oversee all elements of program delivery, including the biennial ELNstudio leadership conference. You will be responsible for ensuring that the network delivers high-quality, inclusive, and innovative programming that meets the changing needs of the network, while consistently improving approaches and processes.
Key responsibilities include:
Volunteer Engagement & Program Strategy
- Lead the recruitment and onboarding of ELN co-chairs and executive team members on a biennial basis and serve as key point of contact on all matters related to program delivery
- Provide both logistical coordination and strategic advice/support to the ELN executive team over the course of their term, including agenda-setting and facilitation of meetings and sub-committee meetings
- With the ELN co-chairs, oversee development and implementation of a multi-year strategic plan for the ELN that outlines key programming objectives and suggested tactics
- Provide leadership and oversight over all elements of the program and support the effective ongoing engagement of volunteers, members, and stakeholders
Program Design & Delivery
- Oversee design and delivery of the ELN programming calendar including identification of new opportunities while ensuring alignment with CivicAction goals and activities
- Working with CivicAction’s communications team, oversee all communications to and from members (including social media channels and identification of curated opportunities)
- Oversee the design and delivery of the annual ELNstudio leadership conference including selection of theme, design of agenda and workshops, coordination of speakers, brand/communications planning, development and fundraising, evaluation, etc.
- Actively build meaningful and trusted relationships with program participants
- Manage the volunteer and stakeholder experience related to the program
- Work cross-functionally with the Planning & Development and Communications teams, and provide advice and support to the CivicAction leadership team
Continuous Improvement & Evaluation
- Manage program budget and track key performance indicators related to the program
- Identify opportunities to refine, grow, and scale the program in partnership with the ELN executive team
- Support the delivery of other CivicAction programs and activities as needed
- Contribute to the development of reports that articulate program results and impact (i.e., grant applications and/or evaluation reports, annual reports, etc.)
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by July 3, 2022 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “ ELN Program Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Commitment to Inclusive Workplaces & Inclusive Recruitment:
CivicAction is committed to equity and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applicants of all gender identities and sexual orientations, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, and life experiences to apply. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
An Important Note:
Research shows that women and racialized candidates often only apply to positions when they feel 100% qualified. If you’re interested in this role but don’t see yourself fully reflected in the requirements of the posting, we still encourage you to apply or reach out to learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.