Position Length: Eight (8) months contract with possibility of extension
Reports to: Manager, Partnerships & Development
Salary Range: $40,000 to $60,000 annually
Benefits: 2 weeks of paid vacation and you will be eligible to enroll in our employee benefits plan after 1 month of continuous employment. We also offer professional development opportunities like access to skill-building workshops and networking events.
- While most of CivicAction’s work occurs remotely at present, we are working towards implementation of a hybrid workplace that combines both in-office and remote work. CivicAction’s physical offices are in downtown Toronto and technology will be provided to support both in-office and remote work.
Start Date: May/June 2022
Skills and Attributes:
- Administration: excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment.
- Relationship builder: ability to work effectively with colleagues, partners and donors
- Strong communicator: ability to get your message out to a wide range of stakeholders in both verbal and written formats, including basic design and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic team player: ability to balance “getting stuff done” with high level of professional and ethical standards.
- Willingness to be agile: ability to take on new tasks when required.
- Curiosity and a commitment to learning: ability to become knowledgeable on a number of different topics; willingness to pivot course when needed.
- Proven experience in a relevant environment is an asset, particularly in the areas of major gift fundraising, donor management and partnership development
- Ability to connect with and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of donors and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines and excellent project and time management skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- Displays high standards of professional behavior and ethical standards
- Excellent team player who can effectively balance “getting stuff done” while building strong relationships with colleagues
- Education background in a related field is an asset
- Monitor and manage deliverables for all active agreements with CivicAction and CivicAction Leadership Foundation
- Managing stewardship plans for donors and partners, ensuring the completion and tracking of all stewardship and recognition commitments
- Coordinate and execute partner meeting logistics, and preparation of meeting materials including briefing notes, proposals, presentations, agreements, reports, and other materials, as required by members of the P&D team
- Work with finance team on creating invoice letters and oversee their timely delivery
- Manage donor database (Salesforce) and shared drive in an accurate and efficient manner, including updating donor information and all pertinent records
- Conduct prospect research and qualify prospects for corporate, institutional, and major gift giving
- Support with digital fundraising campaigns, including planning, content creation, and tracking
- Contribute to the development of annual business plan/budget, and multi-year revenue planning
- Keep team apprised of trends and information that is relevant to donor strategies
- Other duties as required
- Position reports directly to the Manager, Partnerships & Development
- Position works closely with the entire Partnerships & Development team, the CEO’s office, Communications and Operations teams.
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:59PM EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Coordinator, Partnerships & Development” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Commitment to Inclusive Workplaces & Inclusive Recruitment:
CivicAction is committed to equity and inclusion in our workplace and in our recruitment processes. We encourage applicants of all gender identities and sexual orientations, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, and life experiences to apply. Accommodations are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
An Important Note:
Research shows that women and racialized candidates often only apply to positions when they feel 100% qualified. If you’re interested in this role but don’t see yourself fully reflected in the requirements of the posting, we still encourage you to apply or reach out to learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.