Ground your grassroots!
No two communities are the same—each has their own unique DNA of people, opportunities and challenges. But one constant is that community building work is what drives our cities and region forward.
What does it take to drive grassroots initiatives? And what role can each of us play to impact the communities we care for?
We’re bringing dynamic community leaders together to share practical tips on how to carry out grassroots community building and build solidarity with and across different communities.
Get ready to learn from 3 great speakers:
- Lindsay (Swooping Hawk) Kretschmer, Executive Director, Toronto Aboriginal Support Services Council and current CivicAction DiverseCity Fellow
- Sarah Jama, Co-founder, Disability Justice Network of Ontario
- Alicia Rose, Manager, Corporate Citizenship, TD and former CivicAction DiverseCity Fellow
Why should you come? Here are three great reasons:
- Learn a new way to drive REAL community impact.
- Get inspired by leaders who have and continue to do community building work.
- Eat some delicious food and hang out with even better company 😉
Whether you have a history of driving community impact or have a desire to start creating positive change in your community, we’ll unearth new ideas for you to ground your community building work.
What: Rooted: 3 Ideas to Ground Community Building
When: February 21, 2019, 6-8:30 (registration from 6-6:30)
Where: Parkdale Public Library (1303 Queen St W)