Do you want to take your leadership skills to the next level, create opportunities for next gen leaders, and expand and diversify your network?
NOTE: Applications for ELN Executive closed on August 12, 2019. Stay tuned on this website to be the first to hear about the new ELN executive team.
Apply now to be an Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) Executive Committee Member!
We’re looking for six to eight creative, passionate, and collaborative leaders to serve on the ELN Executive Committee as Programming and Events Leads or Communications Leads for a two-year volunteer term starting in January 2020. If interested, please fill out an application by 9:00 p.m. on August 12, 2019.
The ELN is a program run by CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation to build the leadership capacity and harness the collective power of over 2,000 rising leaders representing a diversity of worldviews, sectors, identities, and experiences from across the region by hosting capacity building events, conversations about pressing urban issues, and connections to high-profile civic leaders.
As an ELN Executive Committee Member, you’ll plan and execute programming and opportunities for our members.
Key ELN Executive Committee Member responsibilities:
- Build ELN programming and opportunities: Work collaborativelytogether with the other Executive Committee Members and Co-Chairs tostrategically develop and execute ELN programming and opportunities.
- Support the goals of the ELN: Use your strengths and skills to support the goals of the ELN and the growth of its members.
- Support the goals of CivicAction: Leverage theskills, experience, and reach of the ELN to further CivicAction’s impact onpressing urban challenges.
- Generate ideas: Actively contribute ideas for making the network dynamic and valuable to members.
- ELN Ambassador: Act as an ambassador of the ELN within the network and with other external stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Leadership development opportunities and support from CivicAction, an organization that has a proven track record of driving action and an extensive network of civic leaders;
- An all-access pass to exclusive CivicAction events, influencers and leaders;
- Ability to raise awareness on city-building issues and provide access to opportunities for diverse rising leaders across the GTHA;
- Heightened profile as an influential civic leader in the GTHA through CivicAction’s promotional efforts and social media channels; and
- An expanded and diversified network as you connect with ELN members, other ELN Executive Committee members, and CivicAction’s network of senior leaders.
Ask current ELN Executive Committee Members
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Toota Hassanien or tune into our Ask Me Anything sessions:
- Twitter Ask Me Anything with Communications Lead Alyssa Lai, Tuesday, July 23, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tweet your questions with the hashtag #AskELNExec and follow @ELNOnline. Save the date in your calendar.
- Instagram Ask Me Anything with Programming and Events Lead Meryam Al-waadh and Communications Lead Sean MacKay, Monday, July 29, 12:15 p.m. Submit your question on @CivicActionGTHA’s Instagram Story or through a DM and the exec members will respond through an Instagram Live video. Save the date in your calendar.
About the ELN:
The ELN accelerates the leadership journey and amplifies the impact of rising leaders across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) by providing unparalleled capacity and leadership development workshops and events as well as access to pressing city-building conversations, high-profile civic leaders, and spaces. The strength of the ELN is in the diversity of the network, with over 2,000 rising leaders who represent the multi-faceted diversity across the GTHA.
Not a member of the ELN yet? Sign up to be an ELN member!
About the CivicAction Leadership Foundation:
The ELN is run by the CivicAction Leadership Foundation, which provides high impact leadership programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented populations in the Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area (GTHA). The CivicAction Leadership Foundation is the premier destination for diverse rising civic leaders who want to develop their networks, grow their minds, transform their communities and change the face of leadership throughout the region.
CivicAction plays the role of “neutral sandbox” for the GTHA, where emerging and senior leaders from all sectors and stripes come together to tackle our region’s most pressing urban issues. As the premier civic engagement organization in Canada, CivicAction has nearly two decades of experience creating and implementing effective solutions to the GTHA’s these challenges.
Over the next four years, CivicAction will be convening emerging and senior leaders from across the region to collaborate on the urban challenges of the Future of Work: Life in the Skills Lane, Inclusion: Unlocking Inclusive Cities, Sex Trafficking: Human, Not Capital, Housing: Reframing Where and How We Live, and Natural Disaster and Extreme Weather: ResilienCity.