On Thursday, May 5th, five teams of emerging leaders presented rapid-fire project pitches at the 3rd annual ELNshowcase – a Dragon’s Den-style event to support the incubation of new and unique city-building ideas.
Congratulations to Get Outside! Toronto Parks + Trails App which took home the grand prize package of $1500, 100 hours of co-working space at the Centre for Social Innovation (CSI), a strategy session with PwC and promotional support from NOW Magazine.
Congratulations to Tkaranto Project and New Understandings (NU) who tied for second place, and to the Baby Bucks project which took home the inaugural People’s Choice Award as voted on by attendees in the room.
The projects were judged by an all-star panel who know what it takes to make new ideas stick! Thank you to this amazing group of people for being part of the evening:
- Rami Lama – Group Director Business Development, Fjord/ Accenture
- Sheldon Levy – Deputy Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, Government of Ontario
- Scott Mullin – Vice President of Community Relations at TD Bank
- Elisha Muskat – Former Executive Director, Ashoka Canada
- Joanna Reynolds – Director Of Social Enterprise, Centre for Social Innovation
- Som Seif – President & CEO, Purpose Investments